Accordian Noir Stage
We did it once. We did it twice! By popular demand… we were required to come back a third time. (Further appearances beyond three might be gratuitous, but we will be happy to indulge.)
We’re pleased to announce the lineup for our third year presenting a FREE squeezy live music stage at the Car-Free Main Street festival!
The stage will be running for the entire duration of the fest on Sunday, June 16th, starting at noon and wrapping at 7 pm from our little stage…
OK, folding tent, on the west side of the intersection of Main Street at 21st Avenue.
Some of the performers you will have enjoyed hearing at last year’s Accordion Noir Festival. For others this may serve as a sneak preview of their appearance at this fall’s upcoming fest!
Still others are just jolly accordion weirdos. All of them are grand!
* noon-1 pm: melodies from around the world with the Squeezebox Circle Orchestra
* 1-2 pm: Swampy bluegrass with the Spillionaires
* 2-3 pm: the MasMali Orkestra, playing a collection of folk songs from the Black Caspian sea
* 3-4 pm: Stupid Accordion Tricks with Rowan brings the viral YouTube sensation to life!
* 4-5 pm: buttons + strings in solidarity with Double Rainbow‘s accordion & banjo
* 5-6 pm: Norse power folk by Wolfbrood
* 6-7 pm: and no one can beat the Argyle Embargo at queercoastal indie folk-rock!
… aaaand that’s a wrap!
Nuvo Zydeco give their regards! Circumstances required them to back out, but you can still catch them the 2nd Saturday of every month at the Cheese Inn (4585 Dunbar).
Shameless Plug for livemusicinvancouver.info
We sincerely hope you enjoy and are able to use the information you find here at livemusicinvancouver.info
helps you have a fabulous, safe and fun night out in Vancouver.
If you are happy with the information we provide about cheap or free live music in Vancouver please consider leaving a donation to help defray us the costs of keeping this site thriving, alive and free.
Plus, I need beer money.
Leave A Comment